Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chronicle of HOPE

Chronicle: A record or narrative description of the past.

Hope: A confident expectation of the future.

For a while now, I have been wrestling with the idea to begin writing again. During Jay's battle with cancer, blogging was a way to keep friends and family updated on Jay's progress. Eventually, God began using it to share love, joy, laughter and most of all HOPE to all who followed our story. After Jay's death, I attempted to continue to write, but really struggled with sharing our grief. The joy, laughter and hope that once filled our hearts, was now being overshadowed by a darkness that was just to painful to put into words.

This new year brings the 7 year anniversary of when childhood cancer entered our lives and the 4 year anniversary of Jay's untimely death. As I reflect back not only on the past 7 years, but on my entire 37 years on this earth, God is showing me how He brought(and continues to bring) people and experiences into my life to mold and shape me for His purpose. As part of this purpose, I believe God is giving me the desire to write again.

My plan is to use this blog to record the past, share the present and HOPE for the future. However, since my daily thoughts tend to be very random and unorganized, my writings will not be in a particular order. My apologies to my anal friends.

That's just how I roll.

Disclaimer:
My plan and God's plan are usually not one in the same(it took me years to realize this and I am still trying to accept it) and I am really not sure what will evolve.

That's just how He rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment