Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Top 10 Reason Why I Love Jones County

The new Jones County Magazine was recently published and there is a great article in there on Jay's HOPE. The article was written by my sweet neighbor, Alika Rosser. As I was reading through the magazine, it reminded me of why I love living here. Jason and I have lived in JC twice and the first time was right after we married.  We bought a piece of land and built our first home--we also had a baby, Jason changed careers and I became a stay-at-home mom all in the same year.  Yes, we were trying to prove everyone wrong by doing all the things you are not suppose to do your first year of marriage! We are hardheaded like that. Five years later, we thought the grass was greener on the other side and moved back to Macon. Two years later, we discovered that the grass is not greener and that a shopping center was moving next door. We quickly packed up the ole' truck and moved back to Jones County. We have now been here for a little over four years and have no plans of leavin' anytime soon! 


For fun, I have come up with a "Top 10" list of why I love living in Jones County:


#10-When giving directions to my house, a local business named Clampitt’s is a landmark. And if you get to LITE-N-TIE Road, you have gone too far.

#9-At Hillside Country Store, we can get our gas, bait, good pizza AND have a deer processed. What more could a girl want?

#8-Old Clinton Barbeque. The name says it all.

#7-We have the nicest and cleanest Dairy Queen this side of Georgia!

#6-Only in JC can you get away with wearing cut-off jean shorts, wife beaters, work boots and pool shoes to the gym. And to top it off, you can drink Mountain Dew while doing cardio.

#5-During a recent local election, guys named Gus and Rooster ran for office.

#4-Gus, who previously owned “Gus’s Bait and Tackle”, won and is now our new Mayor.

#3-JC schools recently made the news because a GIRL was suspended for having a crossbow in her pickup truck. Word is she went hunting before school.

#2- If a city police officer sees you committing a traffic violation, just smile and wave. He will think he knows you from either high school or church and will not pull you over.



And the #1 reason I love living in JC is.....



I can go out of the house looking like this:






And no one would ever notice......

(in the left corner is Kasey the Wonder Dog, just one of our 8 animals. Jason is behind me burning the Christmas tree in the yard that the kids just roasted marshmallows over...and I'm not really sure what to say about me except that this JC girl was not prepared for the COLD and this was my version of a snowsuit-without the snow!)

As you can see, we fit in nicely!






4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back where you belong! And nice outfit!
    Christ suffered in our place that we might have the hope of Heaven! Always praying!
    Isaiah 53:11-12 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know that I'm here continuing to pray!
    Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying!
    Psalm 9:9-10: The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this post, Cindy! made me laugh out loud! really have enjoyed all of them, but most of the time they make me cry and i'm too blurry-eyed to comment!
    glad you're doing this, and glad you're my friend!

    ReplyDelete